The French School René Descartes of Phnom Penh is one of the 580 French schools abroad accredited by the French Ministry of Education and members of the network of the Agency for French Education Abroad. As such, it provides primary and secondary education in full compliance with French curricula.
About the American International Section: Implemented in our primary and secondary schools, it welcomes French and foreign students in the same section in a high quality pedagogical and didactic framework for integrated language and culture teaching. It is conducive to the construction of bilingual and plurilingual skills, and develops in students a real aptitude for interculturality. In the network of French educational institutions abroad, there are nearly 140 international sections.
Contract type: full-time
Start date: September 1, 2024.
We are looking for an experienced candidate that will be teaching English. The candidate should :
- Have a teaching certificate from an American/Canadian University (mandatory).
- 5 years of English teaching experience in Primary school.
- Be a native American/Canadian English speaker (mandatory).
- Be able to work in a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be passionate about learning and teaching.
Only candidates with the above requirements will be contacted. Excellent references are required, speaking French is a plus.
Teachers recruited under local contracts benefit from attractive remuneration and conditions:
- Base salary according to experience and qualifications, based on the school’s salary scale.
- Paid school vacations.
- Health and repatriation cover for the employee and his/her dependents.
- Payment of 100% of tuition fees and 75% of school fees for children of employees attending the school.
- Residence visa.